Recently, two immensely talented bloggers kindly presented me with the Sunshine Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award. Both Dudette at Dudette Here! and Kristy at Keepin’ it Kind feature a plethora of wholesome, creative vegan recipes to nourish both the body and soul, and I feel absolutely honored that they recognized my humble corner of the blogosphere.
While Kristy mentioned that the Sunshine Award, which requires recipients to answer ten questions, disclose a random fact, and nominate ten more bloggers, reminds her a bit of a chain letter, I prefer to think of it as a huge virtual lovefest. Hooray for online support groups!
- Favorite Color: Olive green and jewel-toned purple.
- Favorite Animal: Giraffes. However, (this may sound terribly corny) after becoming a vegan, my appreciation of animals expanded to encompass all living beings. Ahh, compassionate epiphanies.
- Favorite Number: Numbers feel too arbitrary for me to choose a favorite.
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: KOMBUCHA!
- Facebook or Twitter?: Twitter—oodles of news and updates available in 140 characters or less. What’s not to love?
- My Passion: Spreading the word of veganism by example.
- Getting or Giving Presents?: Well, that’s silly. Both have their merits.
- Favorite Pattern: I’m rather partial to abstract designs, though I also enjoy big blocky stripes and classy paisleys.
- Favorite Day of the Week: If you look upon each day optimistically, you will vastly improve your week.
- Favorite Flower: Lilac. Go smell one and you’ll understand.
Random Fact: Between the ages of two and thirteen, I detested all fruit except for apples. How far I’ve come!
Below I’ve listed ten of my favorite lesser-known plant-based food blogs as nominations for both the Sunshine Award and Kreativ Blogger Award (in no particular order). Check out my blogroll for a more comprehensive list of recommended blogs.
- Cucina Libera
- This Rawsome Vegan Life
- The Taste Space
- Vegan on the Go-Go
- Munchin’ with Munchkin
- Just Eat Love
- Straight Up Food
- Fridge Scrapings
- Figgy and Sprout
Again, a huge thank you to both Dudette and Kristy, as well as everyone who has ever left a comment, liked a post, followed me on Twitter, or offered their kind words to support Farmers Market Vegan. Your support means the world to me.
Until next time, Ali.